Do You Feel Lucky?
It's Friday the 13th... Do you feel lucky? If you are the "victim" of office politics, I would guess that your answer is "no, not really." Do you want to make this your lucky day? GUST - The "Tale" Wind of Office Politics is now available for sale. In it, you will learn:
- Three key things people manipulate and fight over in organizations
- Three kinds of politicians, and how to handle each
- Six core motivations of political behavior
- Uses (and misuses) of influence in an organization
- Importance of strategizing an appropriate response to YOUR political situation
- Considerations of timing, passion, and support into your political actions
- Executives' roles in influencing (and correcting) office politics
- Assessments for determining how political your organization really is
Invest one hour in an entertaining story and you could be the luckiest person in your office by Monday. Have a great weekend.
NOTE: In light of the tragedy at Virginia Tech, the image of "Dirty Harry" sporting his gun seemed in poor taste for this post, so I opted for a black cat. If I've offended cat lovers, well... you'll just have to deal with it.