Naming Conventions Gone Awry?
I recently watched the movie, Dances With Wolves, yet again as I was surfing through cable channels. I've always been fascinated with the Native American ritual of assigning a descriptive name as part of the rite of passage. What do you think would happen if we started doing the same thing to project managers when they earned their certification? Then we could really get a good feel for those with whom we're dealing.
- The risk management meeting would be canceled because Runs With Scissors would get into an argument with Afraid of Germs.
- Another office politics situation blows up because somebody let Doesn't Play Well With Others design the motivational program.
- Rambles Incessantly would have a difficult time getting anybody to schedule a requirements conference call with him.
- Darts From Decision would annoy the entire project team because she would never sign off on a deliverable.
- Sleeps In Meetings probably would never be asked to facilitate the upcoming executive off-site.
- Driven By Data might put everybody to sleep with his 17-page daily status report.
- Don't even get me started about asking Paralyzed By The Status Quo to document the latest change request.
Hmmmm... maybe it's best to just leave things as they are. Helps keep the mystery alive. What "rite of passage" characters do you have to work with?